cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV only package

Sharpey
On our wavelength

Can i drop my broadband package and just have the maxit tv? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In theory yes, but there are some caveats...

It may force a re-contract of your TV package necessitating a loss of multi-bundle discounts and very likely a new 18month minimum term.

More importantly, the V6 box requires A VM home broadband connection, so dropping that will mean swapping your V6 for a TiVo with an in-built net connection.

It runs the same software as your V6, but is much older and slower with fewer recording tuners and less apps.

There's pictures of the boxes here if you want to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In theory yes, but there are some caveats...

It may force a re-contract of your TV package necessitating a loss of multi-bundle discounts and very likely a new 18month minimum term.

More importantly, the V6 box requires A VM home broadband connection, so dropping that will mean swapping your V6 for a TiVo with an in-built net connection.

It runs the same software as your V6, but is much older and slower with fewer recording tuners and less apps.

There's pictures of the boxes here if you want to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks