cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Virgin Media V6 Box

awr1946
Dialled in

I’ve received the packaging to return the V6 box. Prior to this I received emails and text messages stating different things regarding returning it.

When the VM engineer installed our new equipment last week he took the box with him.

How will I know if it’s been received by VM as I don’t want to have to pay £40 if VM don’t think they have it back.

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awr1946 wrote:

When the VM engineer installed our new equipment last week he took the box with him.

What's the reason for returning a V6, if you're having new equipment installed? What have you added, removed or changed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve had new equipment installed - V360 box.  The engineer took away the V6 box.  I just want to make sure this goes back into system and I don’t get charged £40 for non return 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Converting a V6 into a 360 is just a software change. The hardware is identical.

Are you sure this wasn't a TiVo swapout? Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It’s a totally different box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Converting a V6 into a 360 is just a software change. The hardware is identical.

As I’ve said before it’s definitely a new box no the V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd suggest waiting for the staff team to pickup this thread, they can check what kit you had/have and what is expected back.

If you converted from V6 > 360 you would only have received new hardware if there was a fault on your existing box. If you had a TiVo prior, that would explain what's happened.

As I moved house VM gave me a new box - the V360 - it’s a different size with a totally different remote from the V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awr1946 wrote:

As I moved house VM gave me a new box - the V360 - it’s a different size with a totally different remote from the V6

Again, something here is not adding up. The TV360 is exactly the same box as the V6 although the remote is indeed different. I suspect you used to have a TiVo, but it's almost immaterial where your original query is concerned. This needs staff attention.

Also when you move home, you take your hardware with you - among other reasons, your recordings are on the hard drive and this lets you retain them.