cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you pair additional v6 bluetooth remotes

Kev1977
Tuning in

Hello, is it possible to pair additional V6 bluetooth remotes to work with the same v6 box via bluetooth not IR? I've setup my V6 so it can be watched in 3 different rooms and the existing remote works perfectly for controlling regardless of which room I'm in.  I've purchased two further bluetooth remotes as I'm lazy and want to keep a remote in each room but just cannot get them to pair properly, they both work perfectly line of sight to the box but I just cannot get the bluetooth to work on the new remotes so I'm beginning to wonder if there's a limit to what can be paired?

On the remotes I've tried 
pointing at the V6 and holding info for 7 seconds on the remote until it turns green and flashes at which point I let go and can access the menus etc no problem....but if I try from another room it doesn't work.

I also tried pressing the channel down on the V6 box for 10 seconds and then trying the above with the same result.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yes it is possible, its awkward but can be done.  I have 3 paired to mine and they all bleep when the + button is held down on the V6.  Reset the remotes by using the unpair option, then Press and hold TV+CLEAR and press thumbs down 3 times followed by OK twice, then go to HOME > Settings > Devices > Pair Remote.  Then pair one at a time.  Press TV button and test using the press and hold + button for 15 seconds.

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that only one V6 remote can be paired to the V6 box, it isn't possible to pair multiple remotes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yes it is possible, its awkward but can be done.  I have 3 paired to mine and they all bleep when the + button is held down on the V6.  Reset the remotes by using the unpair option, then Press and hold TV+CLEAR and press thumbs down 3 times followed by OK twice, then go to HOME > Settings > Devices > Pair Remote.  Then pair one at a time.  Press TV button and test using the press and hold + button for 15 seconds.

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Hi, thanks very much that worked a treat, I now have all three remotes working with my V6.