cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time are faults contactable?

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

What time can you ring and actually speak to someone in faults rather than get this automated which tells you to use the online stuff and then hangs up?

I want to talk to someone to try and get my service up and running as I had an engineer visit (I wasn't allowed to do a quick install for some reason) on Friday but I still have no service.

Someone help. PLEASE!!!

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited
11 REPLIES 11

Yep. It's that way round.

As for my test. Well when I had the Hub 4 (H4) installed I was still on my M500 and would constantly get >500 mb/s even on my tablet (using 5ghz, WiFi 6) but now my account upgrade has finally kicked in I'm only getting 75ish.

I am using the H4 in modem mode as I need more control over my local DHCP than the H4 can offer and an Asus RT-AX92U router.

The router confirms a connection link of 1 Gig between itself and the H4 and both units have been rebooted (in serial) several times.

I shall be doing a self diagnostic online and make the call if necessary. 

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @adelphiaUK 

It might be a good idea to create a new post in the /QuickStart-set-up Forum 

Tell them the information you've just sent in your last post and then post your router stats there for the learned members to check what the problem is and offer assistance. They are far better than going through online/telephone support.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto there – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You will probably see an error message when posting the Network Logs, just ignore the error and press post again (for privacy purposes it removes your MAC address)

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali