cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to 360. “Upgrade” hahaha

d1sgruntled
Joining in

Just don’t do it. 
I am shocked that the leaders at virgin have pushed through a product that loses significant functionality and is a massive backwards step. Especially in the search and recording functionality which is pretty much why we want digital recording devises. 
 You can talk to the remote.that’s about all the benefit I see. 

backwards steps;

doesn’t search all sources when you try to find a Programme ( it used to) 

doesn’t record or add all sources to the planner when you record something or create a series link so if you find something, press record on episode 3, v6 will add the links or recording or offer to add the old episodes and links to the catch ups. (it used to)

search doesn’t go far forward or create open wishlist searches so if it isn’t there and you don’t keep looking you will miss a lot

if you find a Programme that is available on multiple channels, be that live sport like rugby that is broadcast  on multiple channels or a series like Mock the week that is on 3or 4 and online catch up services, it will on,t give you the option to record the one you click on, not offer the option to  “record all channels”. ( it used to)

many more issues and as I opened with, a serious backwards step and just a shock to see something so badly done.  

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's too late to be any use for you now, but there's plenty of threads on here comparing the pros & cons of the two platforms.

Ultimately, 360 is not TiVo - the two platforms are very different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks