cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 (360) to hub 5 ethernet problem

abrahad
On our wavelength

We have a V6 setup box upgraded a few weeks ago to TV360 with no problems. This was working with a Hub 3, the two boxes connected together via ethernet.

We have now been given a Hub 5 and the installation was without problems except the ethernet connection between the boxes will no longer work.  The system seems fine with a wifi connection but I would prefer to use ethernet. 

Is there some additional setup I might have missed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ozsat
Superstar

It sounds like a cable fault - but if WiFi works then use that.

@abrahad wrote:

We have a V6 setup box upgraded a few weeks ago to TV360 with no problems. This was working with a Hub 3, the two boxes connected together via ethernet.

We have now been given a Hub 5 and the installation was without problems except the ethernet connection between the boxes will no longer work.  The system seems fine with a wifi connection but I would prefer to use ethernet. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

ozsat
Superstar

It sounds like a cable fault - but if WiFi works then use that.

@abrahad wrote:

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

abrahad
On our wavelength

OOps.  I'd missed one of the cables. Everything is working now.

Hi Abrahad, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your difficulties getting set up with your Hub 5 and V6 box. Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted by ensuring your set up is correct and cabling nice and secure!

If ever needed you can find help with a Quickstart installation here: How do I get broadband, TV and phone installed

And a full comprehensive Quickstart install guide here: Virgin-TV-V6-QuickStart-Guide-for-New-Customers.pdf 

Let us know if there is anything outstanding you need our help and support with!

All the best. 

Molly