cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD upgrade woes

guitarnut
Joining in

Just got off the phone to Virgin earlier to add UHD Sky Sports. We’ve currently got the Ultimate Volt Package which is in contract till October. I’d seen on their website it would be £7 per month which i was prepared to pay. The customer service representative told if I changed the landline package to international calls he could do that and Sky Sports UHD for £4.25 per month. I then asked if I was starting the contract again and was told no. He did offer to renegotiate but I said I’m happy with what we’re on.  Anyway now I’m confused as the contract has come through saying 18 months. Seems like he’s contracted me again, what do you think?

Worst of all I tried ringing back and the office was closed and Sky Sports UHD still isn’t working !

5 REPLIES 5

guitarnut
Joining in

I’ve rang back today and been promised it’s not a new contract so all I need it now is to start working !

I’ve been told 24hrs, fingers crossed !

Hi there @guitarnut 

Thank you so much for your post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues with your services but we are glad to hear that you were able to talk to the team about this. 

I can see it has been over 24 hours since your last post, so how are things now looking for you? 

It’s all working now which is great thanks.
I’m still confused though as the paperwork came through saying

Minimum period: 18 Months

If you end your service(s) before 20th August 2024 you may have to pay an Early Disconnection Fee, please click here for details.

Two people on the phone have said I’m only in contract till October, can you clarify this please

Hi Guitarnut 👋 thanks for getting back to us! Glad to hear everything is now working. 

I will need to send you a PM 📩 to check the contract information and confirm this with you. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All! 👋 Just returning to this public thread to keep things updated. 

Thanks to Guitarnut for PMing with me 📨. I'm pleased to confirm the issues with their contract have now been resolved! A complaint was raised and they are satisfied with the actions taken to resolve things, and gave their consent to close it on this basis. Thank you for your patience whilst we got this sorted! 

If there is anything outstanding you need our support with please let us know and I will be happy to continue offering support. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly