cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Profiles and recordings question

jameshornby1980
On our wavelength

I’ve got to be honest, who cares about the technical.

Profiles in ever other product on the market are separate from each other, therefore I want the same behaviour on my Virgin 360 box.

I was massively disappointed to find out last night that the profiles are pointless, and don’t stop me having to wade through all the rubbish my wife records or kiddy programmes to get to anything I record.

Epic fail

3 REPLIES 3

deans6571
Wise owl

@jameshornby1980 wrote:

I’ve got to be honest, who cares about the technical.

Profiles in ever other product on the market are separate from each other, therefore I want the same behaviour on my Virgin 360 box.

I was massively disappointed to find out last night that the profiles are pointless, and don’t stop me having to wade through all the rubbish my wife records or kiddy programmes to get to anything I record.

Epic fail

Just create multiple profiles - one for you, one for your wife and one for the kids.

Job done.

• The recordings are shared across all profiles which is what makes it pointless.

A profile should give a segregation of data just what I view for personalisation rather than what I recorded.

I really do not want to see what my wife recorded for example, and have to wade through celebrity jungles.

Then to truly have a kids profile it needs to work like Amazon kids on tablet where we can assign channels and recordings to the kids profile for them.

Admittedly I’d also want viewing history for the kids and be able to have a pin on my profile.

To date though only Disney do that profile and no one really lets me see how much they view with only Switch or Xbox being highly granular on what they spend their time on.

It’s about building a proper system rather than something very basic which is what’s been provided here.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jameshornby1980.

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

We currently don't have seperated recordings for our boxes at the moment.

I do apologise for that however we do aim to improve our boxes constantly, keep a lookout for any news in the future from our webpage link here

Also check our TV360 page here to look at all of our features for the box.

Thanks,

Kain