cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple boxes sharing each others recordings?

jaybee84
On our wavelength

So we have multiple boxes in our house and it seems everyones recordings are shared on each others boxes.

Is there a way to not share? It's a nightmare with not knowing who's watched or recorded what and deleting each others shows 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is how 360 works and is by design, but I presume you've recently converted from TiVo/V6 which is different.

Tivo/V6 each have their own HDD with the option to "view other boxes" and multiroom stream.

Depending how many 360-masters you have, it's only these which have hard drive storage. Additional 360-minis can set and watch recordings, but this is all done via streaming from the master box where recordings are held.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jaybee84
On our wavelength

Yeah, we've got all got TiVo boxes, with their own hard drives. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jaybee84 wrote

Yeah, we've got all got TiVo boxes, with their own hard drives. 

You've posted in the TV360 section of the forum, which is for queries relating to VM's TV360 service (not TiVo)

There's photos of the 3 boxes here if you want to check.

On a TiVo/V6 (both run TiVo software), each box only shows the recordings on that hard drive - but have access to others via the "my other boxes" link at the bottom of "my shows"

The behaviour you're reporting - or at least how I've understood - is how TV360 works. Perhaps post up a photo of your recordings list so we can see what you mean?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks