cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch UHD content on virgin 360 box without a UHD tv

JerryFrands
Tuning in

I have the virgin TV 360 box and recently I wanted to watch the first Harry potter movie, after searching for it on the box I found it available on sky cinema UHD. However when I try to watch it I get a UHD not supported warning. Normally what I do when I get this message is scroll down to the "also available on" section and choose sky cinema hd rather than uhd, unfortunately it was not available this time. Is there any way I can watch this uhd film despite my tv only being 1080p, I would assume the box would just scale it down, but it seems this doesn't happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

paul0363
Rising star

The 360 box seems to downscale live channels (e.g. Vigin UHD and BT Sport Ultimate) but there seems to be a restriction on Sky content.

However, I just did a search for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone using voice search and it's showing as available in HD as well as UHD!  It's also on tonoght a 19.45 on Sky Cinema "Harry Potter" (ch 406) if you wanted to record it.

20220603_120115.jpg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JerryFrands 

Harry Potter and the Philosphers Stone HD is screened on the Sky Cinema Harry Potter channel (406)  tonight at 19:45.

You can either watch it live or record it from there.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

paul0363
Rising star

The 360 box seems to downscale live channels (e.g. Vigin UHD and BT Sport Ultimate) but there seems to be a restriction on Sky content.

However, I just did a search for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone using voice search and it's showing as available in HD as well as UHD!  It's also on tonoght a 19.45 on Sky Cinema "Harry Potter" (ch 406) if you wanted to record it.

20220603_120115.jpg

JerryFrands
Tuning in

I appreciate what you did. Thank you for thinking of me.                                           myPennMedicine Login Page