cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by online update

star
Dialled in

I am totally confused by the upgrade to 360 online, I now pay x amount per month and have two options, to start a new 18 month contract or to keep my existing contract.

Selecting either takes my to the checkout page, where the price has increased by about £2 from my current price, even though it is supposed to be a free upgrade.

If I keep my current contract does this mean I am still liable to the price rise in March and what about if I start a new contract.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you received your price rise notification yet? And if so - what's the amount? I don't think there's any combination of services that would produce a £2 increase, but I'll check.

I'd have thought any new contract started now would take the price rise into account, otherwise the answer depends where you are in your discount/promotional/minimum-term period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I have received my price rise email which is £8.50 per month.

This is what I can't understand as the difference between my current price and the new price for just upgrading to TV 360 is £2.25 no matter whether is select new contract or not.

This is either a free upgrade or not.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @star,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a bit of confusion with doing an online package change/upgrade. If you're a little unsure, I'd recommend getting in touch with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) who can outline offers and options with you. We're unable to do package changes from here I'm afraid.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!