cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Dial Assist Problems

fraser4
Just joined

Since I updated to iOS 11.4.1 my iPhone X attempts to use dial assist for mobile numbers which start 07.  The calls then fail with unknown number.  Any number in my contacts that's stored with +44 works fine.  If I switch dial assist off then the 07 numbers work.

I did the firmware update while in Ireland so I'm wondering if the phone thinks it's in Ireland.  I've checked and the region is set to UK.

Does anyone have any ideas?

144 REPLIES 144

SpankyLeonard
Tuning in

Bit late to the game here...I’ve been trying to solve this problem on my own for months now 🤯

When I create a new contact, the country ALWAYS defaults to Belgium in the address field. I have not found a way to override this and I wondered if this was at the root of the phone number issue.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Hi SpankyLeonard

You will find the best solution to the problem in post number 62 by R101.

Good luck ... Derek

Brilliant! Thanks Derek and R101 xx

I’ve done all those things too and it still keeps happening. It’s completely infuriating. I’ve also reset to factory settings and that hasn’t helped either. 

Hi Ruth,

This is the solution provided to me and I haven’t had any issues since. Good luck!

You will find the best solution to the problem in post number 62 by R101.

Best wishes,

SL

macjim
On our wavelength

Hello Martin, I’m constantly having this Belgium number corruption problem and I have tried all of those suggestions with no good results.

it'll fix it for a day, or less, and I have to constantly hard reset or restart my iPhone XR but the problem keeps coming back. 
I've even installed iOS 14 public beta 3 to see it the problem was an iOS 13 problem only but, no, it’s still happening. 
im left with the choice of leaving Virgin mobile and/or getting a new phone, and not an iPhone now if this isn’t resolved soon by virgins and Apple. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This should be a permanent fix. As this is a long thread I will post it again

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

macjim
On our wavelength
I’ve tried that but I don’t get National as an option but I’ve installed iOS 14 public beta 3 to see if that would fix the problem but, and i hope virgin are seeing this, it doesn’t so it’s not an Apple problem...

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe things have changed I know it has worked in the past.

I'm not an iPhone user so no way to check 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ruth,

I can confirm that I did this when the fix came up (was it a year or 2 ago?) and had no problems since.

I suggest you check as above: 

That you have (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) United Kingdom

I have checked my settings are that.

Also you may have missed the point that perversely, you may have to change it to another region and then change it back again to UK.