cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage

rez2
Tuning in

Anyone having iMessage issues. iMessage not working and unable to activate has been 3 days now.

I have tried everthing - reset network setting - erase all data and setting - turn of iMessage and FaceTime, reboot and turn back on. 

Can anyone help

32 REPLIES 32

Elf-in-Elm
Tuning in

I have [insider] information from Apple that Virgin Media and Apple teams in the UK are actively working together to resolve the iMessage Activation problem.

Is there a timeframe on this? I have been without iMessage for nearly two weeks now!

Doesn’t really look good, that I referred my sister to Virgin media and mobile and this is the first encounter she experiences with virgin. 

I just think a global company like Virgin, would think of these issue when migrating over from EE  to Vodafone.

Ajb1975
On our wavelength

Surely we should’ve been consulted before they started using Vodafone instead of ee? Aren’t they in breach of our contract?

After I raised the iMessage activation problem with a relative in Apple this morning, he asked for traffic information on activations, this may have prompted action today.  No news about timescales, but at least teams are working on it at last !  I also posted to VM Community over the weekend, they came back this morning to confirm they were working to resolve the problem.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ajb1975 wrote:

Surely we should’ve been consulted before they started using Vodafone instead of ee? Aren’t they in breach of our contract?

It was announced at the end of 2019

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Karl72
On our wavelength

Apple have fixed this this morning for all our 4 iphones! Just turn imessage on/off/on and all 4 have kicked in with mobile numbers now👍🏼

Furzzul
On our wavelength

You are lucky, mine still does not work. 

Furzzul
On our wavelength

It is not Apple. I have just tried an O2 sim you in my phone and it works perfectly. The Virgin sim just keep saying “verifying”. 

Ajb1975
On our wavelength

Mines still not working 

pjestico
Just joined

Mine started working last night.

I called in to report the issue and they took my number to add to their investigations.

I dont know but I guess I may be back because they knew my number was affected?

If you havent called it in or reported it via the chat service then maybe its worth the pain, and it is painful, of making contact.