cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling not working

Joelg
Joining in

Hi there, a few days ago wifi calling will turn on but stopped working, with message 'error 0'.  

It is an LG Velvet, and I am trying to text/call domestic, within Canada.

Other maybe relevant info - the plan I have did not have wifi calling on it initially; it was added by virgin for me when I upgraded plans, as I live in an area with no mobile connection and is necessary.

Help please, and thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

jhuk
Trouble shooter

AFAIK it only worked don Samsung devices but that may have changed, the search function will get the threads.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Joelg 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with WiFi calling. We want to do our best to help. When did the issue first occur? Have you tried the following link to see if it helps? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling Also what device are you using? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Actually it worked fine for a year on my LG, til about 10 days ago

Hi there, my device is an LG Velvet.

Wifi Calling stopped working on the 7th.  I turned it off on the 6th when I went into mobile network range, and turned it back on the 7th when I left it. Since then it turns on fine and stays on but does not work

Sorry the link did not help resolve the problem, but thank you

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Joelg 👋

Thanks for providing those details. Just for clarification, you've mentioned texting/calling domestic numbers in Canada. Is this WiFi Calling on a Virgin Mobile Canada/Virgin Plus service?

What happens when attempting to make a call? Are you able to try your SIM in a different device?

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, yes to being on a Virgin Mobile Canada plan.

With text it says. 'can't send message with virgin - error 0', with calling it says 'no mobile network'

Thanks for the response

Thanks for getting back to us @Joelg 

So reading your last response, are you confirming you're a Virgin Mobile Canada customer?  As we're based in the UK.

Regards

Lee_R

Haha ok thanks, wrong forum!