cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only upgrade

maverick1103
On our wavelength

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone can potentially help, I’m currently looking at taking out a sim only plan with VM to potentially upgrade it to a phone plan in the future but I’m trying to find out from experience if anyone can shed some light on how it works.

My credit rating isn’t good, I’m currently with Vodafone and they’ve recently changed their upgrade options so you have to go through a new credit check to upgrade, this looks normally procedures and is a bit different to how upgrades worked below; I assume this is due to being FCA regulated?

What I’m hoping to do is build a history with VM and then try and upgrade in 6/12 months.

Three have advised they allow upgrades from SIMO plans and have a bit of control with their upgrades, so I’m wondering if VM offer something similar?

T.I.A

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @maverick1103,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums.

If you're looking to take out a SIM Only deal with us then you would need to go through a credit check. Once the SIM Only deal has come to an end then you can upgrade to also take out a handset if you wish, but you would be subject to another credit check at that point.

I hope that answers your query, but if you need further clarity or assistance with anything else then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @maverick1103,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums.

If you're looking to take out a SIM Only deal with us then you would need to go through a credit check. Once the SIM Only deal has come to an end then you can upgrade to also take out a handset if you wish, but you would be subject to another credit check at that point.

I hope that answers your query, but if you need further clarity or assistance with anything else then please let us know.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply, although this is more of a generic response and I know how the process works I was hoping for some information regarding the credit limits etc.

Hi @maverick1103,

Would you mind elaborating and clarifying what information you're looking for?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @maverick1103,

Would you mind elaborating and clarifying what information you're looking for?

Thanks,

I was hoping to understand a bit more about how Virgin Media sets credit limits and how they do sim upgrades. I'm aware there's a credit check which is always the case but Three advised me that when they do an internal one they can set a limit based on history and wondered if VM do the same.

Thanks for coming back to us @maverick1103, we would do this in a similar way to what Three do, you can find more information about credit limits and how its worked out here.

Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @maverick1103, we would do this in a similar way to what Three do, you can find more information about credit limits and how its worked out here.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you, that's useful information.

Thanks for the reply @maverick1103.

As always if you need anything - we're here to help 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs