cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent calls - roaming in Spain

margarethunter
Tuning in

Good afternoon,

My husband and I are both with Virgin Mobile and are currently in Spain. For the 4 weeks since we’ve been here, our incoming calls have been silent once they are answered and then disconnect.

We have tried calling each other, they ring, are answered, silence, then line gets disconnected after 15 seconds or so. 

I have read in a previous post from May 2020 (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming-While-In-Spain/m-p/5015398) that this can be remedied by a reset of the roaming feature at your end.

I would be grateful if this procedure could be applied to my account (and also to my husband's).

Thank you

Margaret Hunter

7 REPLIES 7

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I had the same issue and didn't get it resolved, for short term using WhatsApp was unaffected for calls 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Margaret, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having roaming issues. It's great having you back here in the Community. 

We can certainly check this out for you and look at getting things refreshed but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Margaret, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have refreshed the profile for you now. If you can please reboot the device and pop back here to let me know how things are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Unfortunately I still can't hear any call, and neither can the person I have called.

Hi Margaret, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and confirming this hasn't worked. 

I'm afraid there isn't anything else we can do. 

Can you connect to a WiFi connection? If so you should be able to make the calls through WiFi calling. If this isn't possible, are you able to try using WhatsApp as suggested by jb66?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I must say that is a little disappointing.  Many of my contacts do not use WhatsApp.  I guess I shall have to change my provider in order to get normal calls.

Hi Margaret, 

We're sorry you feel that way. 

When you're back in the country there may be some more help we can offer but as you're in Spain, we are limited I'm afraid. 

We're here if you need any more help with anything else. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team