cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reach a uk call centre

ReeceBP
Joining in

Hello all, for the past 2 weeks i have been trying to find out whats happening with a phone i ordered. Now i have been recieving calls from a call centre in india and everyone i have dealt with has either unintelligible or just not helpful and i just like to reach a uk call centre 

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM do have UK call centres, but it seems the vast majority of support and basic enquiries are handled by offshore call centres run under contract (by an outfit called Tech Mahindra in India, I think, and I think some are shipped further out to the badlands of Indonesia's cheapest service centres).  There's no sure fire way of speaking to the UK call centres, although it will come as no surprise that the majority of sales and customer retention calls are handled by UK call centres. 

Since you've evidently not started the contract, you might want to consider cancelling now because the service standards you're been encountering are sadly representative of what you'll experience if you need to speak to VM when the contract starts.

VM's great when everything works and you don't need to speak to anybody.  When things don't work, you're locked into a long fixed term contract, and you need to speak to someone...well, it's all a bit different.  

Just to add a bit of balance, the VM forum staff are all UK based and do their utmost to help.  Seems to me that VM's computer systems are unbelievably disjointed, and (for more credible reasons) forum staff don't have access to many of the systems used for customer contact, so there may be limits to what they can do, but as and when they pick this up they'll do their best to assist.

stokiejoe
On our wavelength

Lost 3 hours trying to get answers, banging your head against the wall is more satisfactory 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ReeceBP,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum.

I'd be happy to look into this issue further for you. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Cheers,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team