cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in iMessages being sent

IncredibleSulk1
Tuning in

Hello

Ever since joining VM back in September 2018 when I send an iMessage there is a delay of around 2-3 minutes in the message being sent and the blue bar at the top slowly moves across. This doesn’t happen when I am on WiFi and only seems to happen when I am on 4G or mobile data. 

I have spoke with Apple support and it isn’t something at their end as they have done extensive troubleshooting but to no avail. I am using an Apple iPhone XR

I’ve attached an image for reference. 

Thank

D687B7E6-DAF8-4571-B79D-EB46D2AAC63B.jpeg

134 REPLIES 134

Wayneg81
Joining in

I have a new sim card on its way which is first step ! I did mention this was not a fix as people had already done this but i guess it will rule that out once i try it 

Wayneg81
Joining in

New sim in and still not fixed ? Have they given up on a fix for this ? Can i cancel due to this ? 

Wayneg81
Joining in

I find it a bit strange that none of your tech staff seem to know about this issue and all go through the same steps everytime you contact them !! I have now missed my cooling off period due to waiting for a new sim card that has not solved the problem !! So my first month on virgin mobile is spent trying to sort out a problem ! Not good at all im going to look into having my contract cancelled over this !! If anyone from vm can be bothered that is !!!

Wayneg81
Joining in

Still no help on this issue just fobbed off now with (there a pandemic we are limited to what we can do ) yes im furlough worker my cash is limited so i can no longer pay my bills especially for faulty networks !! Virgin have shown true colours   

Wayneg81
Joining in

Why is this issue being ignored !! Over a year now still no help 

Hi,

this problem never got sorted for me, my only solution was to keep my contract for my phone and as soon as I could get out without paying my way out I did, moved back to GiffGaff and never had a problem since. (And they don’t even have call centres, their community resolve issues).

my partner is on VM and she still has this issue up to 10 minutes before getting any texts or messages through, and at this moment in time where needing to keep in touch in lockdown is important to so many people it’s astounding how it’s not being resolved

Hope you get things sorted but I imagine you’ll end up jumping ship to another network soon enough to escape it! 

Jack

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wayneg81, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am very sorry for the delay in response and for the fact you feel this issue is being ignored. 

Are you able to confirm if you are still experiencing this issue with all messages sent/received via iMessage?

Thanks 

Nat

I can confirm this is still and issue, my mum and partner are also with virgin and having the same problems

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @craiigman

Could I ask you to run through this virg.co/coverage and let me know how you get on with this? I just want to know if it may be due to any signalling issues in your area.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Considering I have had the issues in 3 different locations and my mum lives in a 4th different location, I don't think that's the issue. It always happens with full 4G signal.