cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Call Forwarding active when making an international call

a753
Joining in

Hi, I have a Samsung A40 and for some reason can not make internaional calls (to mobile or landline) - 'conditional call forwarding active' is shown and the call is dropped. 

I went through all the settings on the phone (checked with store I bought the phone from), also checked my options on my Virgin Media online account but it is still not working.

Any advise please what to do?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your spending cap large enought to allow international calls?

Conditional call forwarding means if you are on a call and incoming calls will divert to voicemail 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi a753,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to make an Internation call, is your Mobile with Virgin Mobile or O2?

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. The number was originally with O2 years ago. The phone wasn't bought through a provider.

Thanks

Is your number currently with Virgin Mobile?

Regards

Paul.

Yes for several years now, bill pay.

Hi @a753,

Have you tried going into the device settings and turning off/disabling call forwarding? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I have but it won't allow me to do so. The message shown is 'Failed to read data.Unable to deactivate diverting when busy. Unsupported by operator.'

I did switch phone on and off, also took out sim card, but it still won't allow me to disable 'call forwarding - when busy, - when unanswered, - when unreachable'. Same message every time.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't disable them on Virgin unless you get Voicemail turned off.

Those listed are standard diverts to Voicemail. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @a753,

I would like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we shall take it from there 😊

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs