cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo upgrade and exterior wiring questions

rocco1504
On our wavelength

I've been a customer for over 15 years now.

Recently, I think our Tivo box has been playing up, it keeps juddering, cutting out intermittently and the screen pixelates a lot, which is very frustrating and I think it's about to pack up completely. .

When we had the system installed, no exterior wiring was replaced as the previous tenant had, had the NTL world service, as I believe Virgin was back then, so the engineer never renewed the exterior wiring to the property, so the wiring could be over 20 years old.

Recently the exterior wiring has become exposed from under the "Shared" drive way and I think it needs replacing as it may well be being damaged by vehicles.

Also, our Tivo box is the old style and I think it's at the end of its life and we've never been offered an upgrade even though I have changed packages and so on.

I have been paying over £80 pounds a month for a very long time now and find it a bit of a bad service that we've never been offered any upgrades of our hardware.

1. Would I be expected to have to pay for replacing the existing wiring and tivo box.

2 would I be expected to take a new package to get an upgrade to our hardware.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul 

23 REPLIES 23

I've not been able to call Virgin yet as I have been a bit sick the last few days after having both my Covid booster and flu jabs on the same day.

I'm hoping to call tomorrow and hopefully get a V6 box to try out, as the problem is no better and somewhat worse if anything.

I do need it sorted as I resent paying a large bill for a less than perfect service., I'm not sure if you can do anything to help ??. 

I'll keep everyone posted of the outcome.

Regards

Paul 

Paulina_Z

If there is any way you can pass on the details of this conversation to the virgin Media team I'd be very grateful. 

Many thanks again 

Paul 

Spoke to Virgin today and said that I just wanted an upgrade to the V6 box.

It's costing me a one off payment of £35 for the box and as opposed to currently paying £86 pm I'll be paying £87 pm. So not too bad, although I would have liked a bit of a sweetener.

Anyway I'll keep you posted as to whether the new box does the trick. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @rocco1504,

Welcome back! Thanks for the update.

Please do let us know how the new box is.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide