cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus

Scotty6964
Joining in

I have a TiVo box and wondered why apps are not available to subscribe too on the apps tab similar to Netflix  although Netflix is now included in my new package which I recently upgraded too 

I was hoping to subscribe to Disney plus 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo box is quite old now, and has all but been superceded by the V6 which runs the same software but on much newer hardware.

Netflix and many other popular streaming apps are all available on the V6 - there's photos here - Disney+ is only available on VM's new stream-box although could be coming to the V6 &/or TV360 "sometime".

The main requirement with a V6 cf a TiVo, is that you must have VM broadband. Do you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes we have vm broadband and have the latest hub 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TiVo were to develop a fault, it would now be replaced with a V6 as a matter of course.

Otherwise, you could call VM and ask about a direct box-swap. If you take this course, be prepared for a sales pitch on the new TV360 platform. It runs on the same HW as the V6, but with substantially different software with pros & cons.

TiVo & V6 use the same software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey Scotty6964, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling to find Disney+.

As it stands we only offer Disney+ through our new stream box which you can find out more information about via this link.

As it stands we don't have any plans to bring Disney+ to the Tivo box.

If you are interested in getting Disney+ you can also download the app to your smart TV if you have one.

You can also download it to your phone, gaming consoles and tablets. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Scotty6964 

Good news. Disney+ has now been added to the 360 box.

It's an ideal time for you to possibly negotiate a new contract and a swap to the 360, but make sure you read up on the differences between the Tivo and 360 first. 

This page explains more about the 360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali