cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My neighbours have it but we were missed out by an error

tekky001
Joining in

Hi virgin was recently installed to our village but our street was missed out due to an error in planning. Despite emailing planning and having a surveyor come out and draw up new plans to supply us , which we're passed, as we were missed out by error, finance decided it was cost ineffective to proceed any further but seeimg as it should have been done on the 1st place surely as a company who's made an error you should correct this mistake. The propertys next door connection on the main road connection  is less than 2 feet from my property too this is so annoying 

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM has a budget for any work to connect a property that is “off-net” to its infrastructure. Even if a connection was on the original build plan, it can be left off for various reasons. A lot of the original builds in the 1990s were time constrained, & contractors would just finish & leave a road even if the ducting was not completed. Also other companies underground infrastructure can cause issues that increase expense.

At the end of the day there is no universal obligation for companies to provide to every property with the exception of Openreach, so if it is decided that connection is over budget you have little hope of it going much further.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks