cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add mobile tobmedia

Andyjenk3
Tuning in

I pay for our Virgin Media service. My partner has a VM phone. I am thinking of using VM mobile. What do I do to take advantage of the "£2 saving for additional customer" and keep our payments separate?

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Andy. You will be able to find full details here for the family plan

Thanks. I read that. It does not seem to cover my situation. If payments are separate is it a family plan? I do not want to know what my partner pays and certainly do not want to pay on her behalf. So how EXACTLY do I set this up, please?

Hi Andyjenk3, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

The Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media payments will be taken separately however to take advantage of the discount, the Mobile account would need to be set up in the name of the person who holds the Media account. Even if the media account is in your partner's name, even if you actually pay it then the mobile account would also need to go in to your partners name. 

Within My VM, the account holder would be able to see the details of the Media and the Mobile account too. 

If you wanted the completely separate then you can choose to be the account holder of the Mobile account but you wouldn't then get the benefit of the discount. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath,

I did ask ages ago for my partner's name to be added to the account. Is there a way to check if that happened? 

All the best,

Andy

Hi Andy thanks for your reply.

There is only one named account holder for our services - if you requested a name change on your My Virgin Media account so your partner could become the main account holder, then when the account in question is logged into on My VIrgin Media, it will say who the account is registered under.

If you mean adding your partner as a "secondary name" onto the account as such, this isn't something we do at this moment in time unfortunately, but hopefully this provides you with some clarity.

Please don't hesitate though to let me know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W