cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed today only a third of speed to normal

bigguy283
Up to speed

As of today on my virgin fibre 500, my download is 530mb but my upload is only 9mb  , iy is usually 30mb-33mb !!

I CANNOT STEAM MY PC AT THIS SPEED!!

29 REPLIES 29

VIRGIN MEDIA what are you doing to our broadband?  now my download is 500Mbps BUT Upload is 3Mbps  why????
this has been happening for days now, since last weekend, when we lost it completely for 30minutes over a few hours,then when back on this has happened!

what does that mean please, and when can i expect this to be rectified, it always seems that VIRGIN do something at their end, that fixes my problems, i have had problems in the past, when they say an engineer is needed,BUT in a hour it is rectified,without any engineer needed

Somewhere that Docsis starts from your end to the other end is bad could be a bad cable run or amp or someone on your segment DIY to make the cable longer causing problems for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

i have gone onto virgin service status webpage and this is what it says, as you can see they say a problem with tv BUT it is the parts that use the nework connecttion i.e netflix,youtube etc. so they are having problems againvirgin 3.png

Hi everyone!
Today i have looked at BQM for this month september, and have seen that on 11,12,13,16,20,21,22nd of this month, so not all days but since the 11th, my dropped packets, have been through the roof!!,which i guess is because of some problem with VIRGIN doing something, i have never moved my pc,ethernet,cable,hub, etc. my pc has been fine downloading,BUT for these 7 days above, uploading , (so streaming etc) has been impossible. Please can a VIRGIN MEDIA official, look into this problem, i am disabled,and house bound, and rely on my broadband for me to function properly. As you can see from my dates, on the 14,15,17,18,19th there were no problems! . This is crazy Please help me.

many thanks

Today i actually spoke to VIRGIN media, who have told me , there is a "complex issue" that needs fixing in my area cr5, and as it is a "complex issue" it is and will take longer to find and fix! They are hoping to have this done by 26th so a further 4 days, making my personal problem lasting 18days at least!!. They will not be offering any refunds, as it  is not a total loss of service lasting consectively 48hrs ( although thi is worse, disconecting every 30 seconds on off) so as you can guess, i am not a happy bunny!.

p.s  i'm somewhat lucky, i do still have landline phone with them and not VOIP, as this would not work in the current situation with these problems!
skype,zoom,streaming,gaming  etc will not function also.

todays nightmaretodays nightmareas you can see, i'm suffering upload loss , down to 3Mbps at best ,even no upload at worst.  I am among many with the same problem judging by the forum posts here, and its not just my area.
Have VIRGIN dropped the ball here,bypassing their obligations , by keeping download speed as advertised or close too, but upload speeds (needed by most of us) clearly do not matter to them, (no compensation offered under their TERMS of service's)

my tests today from BQM are terrible, this is not acceptable virigin media
23-09-2223-09-22111.png

bigguy283
Up to speed

looks like they have fixed service today!!!  yippeee.i have as of 12:20pm no dropout and full speed upload back  better today at lastbetter today at last

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 09-32-22 Share Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.pngunfortunately i spoke too soon!!,  dropped packets have reduced, BUT Latencey is through the roof still, so streaming, gaming etc is impossible, even sharing my plex with my daughter is  impossible , buffering constantly, where as before it was perfect!!