cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I stay with Virgin & not move when I could

Pidge22
On our wavelength

I foolishly decided to renew my contract with Virgin and did not go back to Sky when I could do...we have now had two instances in the last fortnight, firstly with no broadband and today (now) with decent download speeds but almost zero upload & a packet loss of 26%.

I am now in the process of running & keeping tests on Sam Knows as well as screen printing everything as I have no faith in Virgin anymore.

I have a disabled wife who because of her chronic pain does not sleep & the only thing thats gets her through is being able to watch her netflix & apple tv & hayu and she can't even do that.

Anyway the one thing I am sure about is that Virgin will give me more than enough eveidence to go to Ofcom with a case to end my contract with Virgin & go back to Sky!....

17 REPLIES 17

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

setup a bqm
Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pidge22
On our wavelength

thanks for reply already setup ....

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

I feel your pain. Worst thing I ever did was leave BT and sign with Virgin. I was duped by the 1 gig download and 52 mbit upload. The upload has been so erratic and of course the 'estimated fix date' keeps getting pushed back. I know zilch is being done.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pidge22, thanks for posting on our help forum and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your services recently and the frustration and inconvenience this has caused to you and your family.

We'd love to best assist with these, from our checks it seems there is an issue on our local network that's causing your problems/instability.

The info we found is as seen below:

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Estimated End Time: 04 APR 2023 09:00AM

In order to check our service status in general visit this link here.

You'll also be able to view any updates our network staff sends live from the site, please monitor this until Tuesday morning and let us know if you're still having trouble after the area faults have cleared.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Pidge22
On our wavelength

My issues have been ongoing again with intermitent internet access today below is the quality monitor!...can't go onmuch longer like this & as stated am keeping everything as proof of the service issues I am having.....

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 19.54.45.png

@Pidge22 wrote:

My issues have been ongoing again with intermitent internet access today below is the quality monitor!...can't go onmuch longer like this & as stated am keeping everything as proof of the service issues I am having.....

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 19.54.45.png

This was a national outage.

How is your BQM now?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Pidge22
On our wavelength

Please see BQM below...

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 18.30.19.png

@Pidge22 wrote:

Please see BQM below...

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 18.30.19.png

Much better.