cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow upload speeds ~1Mb in area 31 ?

L33ant
Joining in

Anyone else in area 31 getting really slow upload speeds over the past couple of days ?

Virgin speed test says download is ok usually above 150Mb (M350Package) but downloads are quite often < 2 often 1Mb. Was even like that around midnight.

Its not all the time but every few mins, sometimes its 30Mb+ but the intermittent drops to 1mb means I cant do any voice calls via zoom and vpn connectivity keeps dropping out.

Done all the rebooting of routers checking cables etc.

Engineer can't come for a week! by which time I hope it will have fixed itself.

thks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, L33ant, 

Sorry to hear that you have having speed issues.Our engineer will be able to get to get things sorted for you. 

In the meantime, can you tell us a little bit about your network setup?

is this happening on a wired or wireless connection? And are you using any VPN connections?

Our online troubleshooter might be able to help: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband

Cheers,

Corey C