cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband speed and no land-line

Jessicahub
Joining in

We are getting below the guaranteed minimum broadband speed for our plan. This has been happening since installation 5 days ago, nothing more than 450mb/s.

Unable to phone virgin customer service as no land-line yet. How long does this usually take? We have had no details about home phone number etc.

Hopefully someone from the virgin team will see this and contact us!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing to say is that you can cancel the VM contract within the 14 days "cooling-off" period and you will be charged nothing by VM.

You say you are getting ~450Mbps but what package are you on? Also are those speeds on wifi or on ethernet cable connections.

The maximum speed you can get on wifi will always be less than 600 even on a 1GB package - its because the Hub3/4 is only wifi5 - you need your own wifi6 equipment to get over that figure.

What speed do you get on an ethernet cable connections - you can get up to 940 max on the 1GB service

Why have you no land line yet ? - all VM phones are now VOIP and connect directly into the Hub - not to an old land line socket - do you not have the adapter to do that?

A VM person will comment on here when they get to this thread in a few days

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Jessicahub, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues of the slow speeds and no dial tone.
I've had a look on the system and can see this will need a look at by a technician.
I will send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs