cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed and connection

trevandi
Tuning in

I’m writing here in the hope of some help! My internet connection is at times is very slow and intermittent. I am becoming more and more frustrated by the VM test process that says everything is fine in my area - i come on here and it says ‘solve my problem’ and after going through a number of steps it says there’s an intermittent problem but wait 24 hours and we’ll help get a technician - you keep saying there’s no problem though!! I’ve been keeping a record to show how poor it is!! 

trevandi_0-1668549439002.jpeg

what makes it worse is this promise:

trevandi_1-1668549593491.jpeg

Don’t tell me to reboot my hub or tell me it’s the wifi, neither is the issue - all i ask is a stable service that i pay for - i must bring down that average speed quite a bit! 

Ringing for help is a never ending loop, you are guided to whatsapp that tells you they can’t help and you go to online chat that takes an hour before a response and then 10 minutes between each answer to then have a security form that doesn’t work!! 

Come on virgin media get yourselves in a better place. Fix my issue and acknowledge it’s your issue not mine!! 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its not just on wifi - then it is a network connection/Hub issue - so lets look at that data - can you do this....

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return.

If you have a Hub4 or 5 then login on the first page up.

If you have an SH2 or Hub3 - dont log i just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3) or top/right (SH’s) of the Login page.

Then Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts
Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for this I however am not sure what you are saying. when typing the up address in and pressing return i get a number of lines to chose from - the first says https://router-network.com and if i click on this there is no option to look at router status. Am i being a bit dumb? 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @trevandi, and welcome back!

Have you possibly been able to re-attempt the steps that @jbrennand has set out for your since your most recent post?

I've been able to look into your local area and don't see any area outages currently being flagged.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn