cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation received after ordering first wifi pod.

Tim1987
Joining in

Hi, I placed my first Wifi Pod order on 4th Feb 2024. I was  told I will receive a confirmation text within 72h with the order details. I haven’t received this to date so I contacted VM again today. The operator confirmed that an order was indeed placed on the 4th and advised me to check the  ‘my orders’ section on the VM connect app. I did and there are no orders visible there either. I am therefore concerned this order was not placed properly and I won’t be getting my pod which I need as currently I have speeds of 3-8mbps in the upstairs office. I am a new VM customer and don’t know what else I can do to progress chase this. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

kclough412
Joining in

Following also with interest.

New install a week ago which during sales process and pre engineer visit wwas clear that i would require 3x pods to cover our house as this is what was needed with Sky and formerly BT. Disappointed that this wasnt provided on installation and instead we are forced to call up and beg for pods which are supposed to be provided 'if required' under the Wifi Max/Volt' package. 

The website gives instructions to order a pod through a Wifi Max tab, which when logging in does not exist. The virgin connect app reccomends a pod is needed when running diagnostics and getting 4mbs, but gives no facility to order one. 

I have since spoken to three separate advisors, in install, technical and general customer services to order a pod. Each time i've been advised the order has been placed and I will receive order confirmation within 72h. Nothing has arrived at all. 

There seems to be a deliberate attempt to make these pods very difficult to order with misleading information and a merry go round process which ultimately leads you to having to talk to someone, who pretends to order a pod and then doesnt. 

Also add in, if you need three pods you can only order one at any one time. You have to put this online, and run more diagnostics to 'prove' that one is needed. Its ridiculous, can some from Virgin please help me and the OP to get this sorted??

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Tim1987,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi pod order. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L