cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible connection problem

lobsters15
On our wavelength

I have just renewed my contract to the Ultimate Volt andIam getting a Hub 4 to replace my Hub 3. I have looked at the video on line about setting up the Hub.4 and there is a potential problem My hub 3 connects to the incoming box on the wall with what looks like an ethernet type connection and cannot be removed and it connects to the router  with a screw type add-on fitted by a Virgin Media engineer. On the video you simply plugin the cable at both ends and this will not be possible with my equipment

Can I use  this same connecting cable and will I be able to screw it into the Hub4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem.  Just unscrew the bottom connector from the Hub 3 and screw it onto the Hub 4.  You can then swap over the ethernet cables from the Hub 3 to the Hub 4.

Also make sure you unscrew the attenuator from the Hub 3 (thats the silver barrel thing on the bottom connector)  This needs to go on the Hub 4 as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

lobsters15
On our wavelength

Here are photographs showing  the connections to my hub3.

Is there going to be a problelm connecting the hub$?

lobsters15_0-1643049535419.jpeg

lobsters15_1-1643049560165.jpeg

sorry for the typo hub4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem.  Just unscrew the bottom connector from the Hub 3 and screw it onto the Hub 4.  You can then swap over the ethernet cables from the Hub 3 to the Hub 4.

Also make sure you unscrew the attenuator from the Hub 3 (thats the silver barrel thing on the bottom connector)  This needs to go on the Hub 4 as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

lobsters15
On our wavelength

Thanks for your advice. 

Just to be clear I unscrew the cable from the hub3 and then unscrew the attenuator. 

Then I screw in the attenuator to the hub 4 and attach the cable to the attenuator.

My concern was that the hub4 didn't accept the attenuator being screwed in.

My wall connection does seem to be a bit dated 

Again many thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The input screws on the Hubs are all the same thread. If it fits the Hub 3 it should fit the Hub 4.  The attenuator is needed to get the power levels right.