cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi - WiFi app will not connect to the hub

Itsgregok
Joining in
  • Hi we've just had a new virgin broadband installed but the WiFi app will not connect to the hub through my phone as I want to test the speed/ black spot. Just keeps saying something went wrong at our end. 
  • Any help would be great thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Itsgregok, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the app. 

Can you delete and reinstall the app and perform a reboot to see if anything changes?

Have you managed to get this working since posting? ^Chris. 

Thanks for the reply, I've tried the uninstall and reinstall and rebooting but no luck. Also got in touch with the tech support about the fact that our WiFi booster will no connect so half the house is less than 5mbps.  They said an engineer would be in touch within 24 hours.  But that was 2 days ago now.  I'm getting very disappointed with the service as I never had this problem with my previous provider.  

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
How long has VM been installed? If it isnt sorted to your satisfaction you can cancel and incur no charges whatsoever within your 14-day "cooling off" period.

What booster is it - or is it actually a "Pod" - see this...

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'm so sorry to hear the engineer did not reach out @Itsgregok

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a PM, I'll pop one across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.