cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media broadband

am2pgs
Joining in

I have lost all will to live with Virgin Media's service.

I have been on the phone and on their WhatsApp support chat line and every day after hours of waiting for some human to answers "very slowly", they keep assuring me a service engineer is coming to connect my line "Today". They assure me I will receive a call from them and of coarse no sign of them ever calling me or turning up.

Monday - a "service engineer" called for two minutes plugged his tester and said oh sorry external line needs to be fixed. That's another team and you should receive a call from them today or tomorrow.

End of Monday no call or nothing , I spend more than hour to get through to somebody who said they will come in Tuesday 1-6 pm.

Tuesday- stayed at home all day, no sign of them. At 6:30 pm spend about an hour to get to somebody to find out what happend. Finally the person on the chat line said I need to call service department to find out the status. I called the service department and after half an hour of waiting on the call, they said sorry I should receive a call from them soon for an update on status.

Wednesday, afternoon I called them again another half an hour on the line, I was assured again, that they service engineers will be calling to fix the line today (Wednesday). Of coarse they did not turn up again and no calls or anything either.

So I will have to chase them tomorrow again and who knows how many more days.

This is after them messing up the delivery of the hub for last week which means I have now been waiting for nearly two whole weeks just be connected and no sign of any progress.

They just seem to be good at asking security questions again and again and again and say sorry one more day and it will be fixed.

Is this the typical virgin media experience?

4 REPLIES 4

Stobbsy74
Superfast

If everything works great and reliable then virgin are great. As soon as there is anything to do with issues or customer relations except for taking your money, your experience pretty much sums it up.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi am2pgs,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the Broadband issues you've been having the difficulty in getting them resolved. 

To be able to advise further on this I will need to private message you to take a a look at what has been arranged. 

I will send you the message now. 

^Martin

Ok thursday, called and they said they will definitely com 8-12. Of course they didn't .

Called them again in the afternoon and after an hour on the call, they said sorry your service has be scheduled .... Wait for it ... To 11 August ! A month and a half away.

Reason: service engineer has told them it is a two man job. Of course nobody bothered to tell me anything.

Asked for cancellation of contract, and that's another story altogether. They pass you through four different departments , each one asking for password ,address.. before transferring you to another person. 

I will now have to recover my money from them ...

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about any issues faced with the installation am2pgs,

Can I ask did the team give a reasoning for the delay at all?

Let us know,

Kain