cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street install seems to have missed out house

77dmj
Joining in

I was pleased to get a letter announcing virgin would be installed and soon after they started digging up our pavements. However, on my side of the street they stopped about 4 doors down despite carrying on on the other side of the road.

They packed up and left yesterday. Does this mean we can't/won't get fibre?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not unusual. Our cable services were put in many years ago. The contractors done one half of the road & then went away working on adjacent roads. Then they came back over a month later feeding in from the other end of the road to complete the other half. It all depends on the placement & capacity of the cabinets. Also if you have a different postcode to the other property’s that might explain it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @77dmj,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Have you entered and submitted your details here yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I have and it says that Virgin is unavailable in my area. I think this is putting the early infrastructure in (I had the letter saying Virgin are installing in my neighborhood). 

I'm wondering if there is a reason my house was missed. It seems the pavement was dug up and access points added opposite and upto four doors down. It seems all the ones that have access points are detached and where they have stopped are semi-detached. Could this be the reason?

I have a builder working on the house at the moment and he overheard one of the chaps installing fibre whilst packing up ask a colleague "what about them?" referring to me and my neighbours, the response was unclear. Sadly the chaps installing the fibre had left when I got home.

I don't think the street cabling will be linked up to the wider network for a little while, but I'm concerned it won't be in Virgin's interest to come back at that point to dig up the street and install access points for me now that they have gone. 

Is there anyway of finding out why we weren't included, and if we will be at a later date?

Thanks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 77dmj 👋

Thanks for popping back with some further information on this.

Please be aware that due to the nature of the services we provide, serviceability can differ from property to property - this can be for reasons such as planning permissions, existing network infrastructure or cabinet capacity. So, whilst others in your street/area may be able to get our service, this does not guarantee availability for you.

It can take several months for an area to be fully installed and serviced - therefore, you may find that our Construction Teams come back to install the semi-detached properties, including your own property in the future. 

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to advise directly on any network expansion work in your area and whether a specific address will be serviceable as various different factors can change this before the "go live" date.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not unusual. Our cable services were put in many years ago. The contractors done one half of the road & then went away working on adjacent roads. Then they came back over a month later feeding in from the other end of the road to complete the other half. It all depends on the placement & capacity of the cabinets. Also if you have a different postcode to the other property’s that might explain it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks