cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still awaiting Broadband install

stuie1987
Joining in

Hi. I've been awaiting an broadband install sinse July that has still not been carried out. I have been on the phone multiple times to be passed onto the pre-install team to be told they awaiting permission from a manager for work to be carried out in the street.

Its now November and we are still waiting. My partner works for the NHS and she needs to work from home most days. Is there anyway to escelate this? 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately this is a very common problem.  If the pavement has to be dug they have to get permission from the local Council.  Contractors then need to be brought it to do the digging and lay the cable , before a technician can come in and fit the cable.  Any of these steps can go wrong because of  Virgin's appalling lack of communication between departments. 

A staff member may pick this up herr and offer to help, but even they have little influence on installations.

Treat any date you are given for installation as merely an estimate. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract?

If so... do it now. Let the VM install run its course. When it finally happens you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or... if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence be better if you took a 30-day contract).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.