cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of extra internet box

EMBEEE
Joining in

I have an unsightly media box on the front of my terraced which was originally installed by NTL over 20 years ago. I no longer use virgin media but it has a feed into the adjoining neighbours property. I have been asking Virgin to remove it via phone, email and even letter to no avail. They insist my neighbours have to make the request and I have asked them to do so but still a year later it has not been removed. I want to decorate the front of my house but would like it removed. I am running out of patience and am tempted to remove it but don’t want to leave my neighbours without WiFi. Any ideas as to how I solve this issue? A previous question advised to just go ahead and remove it but this would leave my neighbours with no WiFi. Any thoughts? 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are right .... removing it is likely to make it all kick off with the neighbours.  I would give them 28 days notice in writing that you plan to remove it and cut the cables by xx/05/2023.

I will ask VM to look into on here to get it done properly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EMBEEE,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for posting.

We can certainly see whether we can get the omni box removed for you, and set your neighbours up with their own individual line.

I've dropped you a private message so I can take your details. Look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks

Beth