cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Virgin Media Cable

FL11
Joining in

Hello,

I have just moved into a property that has virgin installed but we want the cables outside removed. There is a huge green pipe across my front garden that is a health and safety hazard in itself.

How do I get this removed?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be a very low priority for VM's overstretched teams. You could cut it at the border of your property and dispose of it (but that would cause issues should anyone in the property want VM in the future) . 

Thanks, I want Virgin to remove it, as this is the property of Virgin Media.  

Is there any way to get the attention of Virgin themselves on here?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@FL11 wrote:

Thanks, I want Virgin to remove it, as this is the property of Virgin Media.  

Is there any way to get the attention of Virgin themselves on here?

Wait for one of the VM forum team to reply (usually within a day or two).

It's a lottery as to what action gets taken. If the request gets referred to an 'area manager' VM might deal with it for you. In a recent similar topic, someone came out same day once the issue was referred. In other past topics such requests have been totally ignored or flatly refused.

IMHO, you should try and preserve the cable if you can and find some way to deal with it (bury it, hide it, clip it to a fence etc.) Circumstances do change and, whilst you have no intention of using VM now, the future may change that.

If you have the cable cut off, VM may deem the property unserviceable. If you ever want a new VM cable installed, that part of joining VM is regularly described on here as being a long, chaotic and shambolic process if the task proves to be anything other than a simple one for VM.

I have just re-joined BT (which I had no intention of ever doing) after VM would not provide the services I wanted so good to keep various options open to you IMO.

Hi FL11,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you want the cabling removing from your property due to not wanting the services, so I can try to help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.