cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside works not completed 3 months on.

Ginty553
Joining in
  • Been trying to get VM outside works done for 3 months. Been told it will happen before your installation date. 5 dates later and no groundworks done. They were out today had a look and then went away. Contacted VM and told works due today and they will be back later. Needless to say no sign of them.
  • I do not know where to go with this now just getting fobbed off at every turn and told the same thing every time I contact them.
  • I have now put in a complaint and not been contacted by anyone about it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Sad to say it but your story is repeated many times over on this inappropriately-named (for some) 'Quick Start' forum.

Read through some similar topics and you will see that your situation has been often-repeated and reported on here.

Make sure you have kept good notes of all the (failed) promises from VM to install with dates, times, missed appointments etc.

You should be entitled to compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

for VM's failures but you may have to fight very hard for what you are entitled to by way of compensation.

Unfortunately, no one can tell you when your installation will actually happen. It could be days, weeks or many months.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Sad to say it but your story is repeated many times over on this inappropriately-named (for some) 'Quick Start' forum.

Read through some similar topics and you will see that your situation has been often-repeated and reported on here.

Make sure you have kept good notes of all the (failed) promises from VM to install with dates, times, missed appointments etc.

You should be entitled to compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

for VM's failures but you may have to fight very hard for what you are entitled to by way of compensation.

Unfortunately, no one can tell you when your installation will actually happen. It could be days, weeks or many months.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ginty553, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are have been waiting a long time for outside work.

I understand how frustrating this is and I want to look into this for you.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope as I am going to send you a PM. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?