cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving wall socket

earnie90
Tuning in

Hi,

My Virgin wall socket is in an inconvenient corner of my flat. I can’t connect my tv box to both the wall socket and the tv in the living room. 

What’s the easiest way to get round this? Longer cables or move the wall socket? How easy is it to move a wall socket? I live in an old building of terraced properties so access could be tricky. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Z92
Trouble shooter

An engineer could do either - move the socket or extend the cabling, for a one off fee of £99. 

Thanks Z92. Do you know the easiest way to book an engineer? Been sent round in circles on their website/contact number getting nowhere. It just keeps asking me to make sure my cables are connected. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @earnie90,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently unable to offer non-essential engineering visits. This is to protect our customers and our staff. We will be happy to take a look into this once restrictions have eased.

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

Wifi speeds are below the minimum I'm guaranteed in my VM contract. We're guaranteed 27Mbps but we're getting just 3.81Mbps in the rooms where we work/stream. It's impossible for us to both work effectively with these speeds.

What am I supposed to do in this situation? There are no Wifi boosters available?

Instead of paying £99 for moving the box its better investment to spend that on a 2 node dual band mesh kit.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

Any decent mesh kit seems like it would be almost as expensive and reviews are mixed online. Any you recommend?