cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house can’t get through to virgin after 5 days trying

Krysiatennis1
Just joined

Been trying to close my account for a week now. We are moving. Online chats don’t work. Callbacks don’t work. Just get hundreds of messages saying do i still want a callback. I have tried every number and every method. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you just wanting to close the VM account - if so - see below. Moving it to another house is different - see their webpage for that

See the link -

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

1) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.01 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

2. Cancel In writing to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.

Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or, if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form..
Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or...
need an example
---------------------
Send the letter by Royal Mail Guaranteed delivery and save a copy along with the proof of sending and the proof of delivery with signature.

Some information on cancelling & early disconnection fees are here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey Krysiatennis1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to see you are thinking of leaving us and I am sorry to see the trouble you've had in trying to do this.

Unfortunately we cannot close accounts down via this channel, however the advice jbrennand has suggested is the right way of going about this. 

Please do let me know you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?