cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manhole cover broken

Andrewwinwibsey
Joining in

IMG_20220803_113702_1(1).jpg

Why after 2 months won't VM come and fix this broken dangerous hole that's appeared no one at VM responds.

12 REPLIES 12

By all means complain about VM, but your Council are not without responsibility for driving heavy machinery over manhole covers not designed for the job. 

If a private person wants to drive their vehicle over a VM manhole they are expected to pay for the upgrading. And they do, as you will see from reading on here.  The Council should also pay if they want to change the status quo for their benefit. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey Andrewwinwibsey, thank you for bringing this to our attention, this job has been booked in with the relevant team to get this fixed.

The team will aim to get this fixed ASAP. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

In good faith I came here to report an issue that I didn't create but am disadvantaged from and all I seem to get is negativity and blame passing yes the council broke it but it was of a poor standard to begin with - who creates a built up man hole cover on a grass verge? it wasn't fit for purpose to begin with as it should have always been a sunken man hole cover but I guess that's what you get.  If no one can help with this simple request after 3 months please delete this thread and and consider this request as a failure.  Very disappointed with this , Andrew Wright