cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to activate my hub 3.0 after moving house.

kalechiu
Joining in

Hi ,

Just rec'd the little pack today and I moved my hub 3.0 from my old home to the new. I rec'd an SMS asking me to type Go to activate the service however SMS seems unable to reach the number 86002 I dont know why it failed. Tried chatting online but failed to reach any agent for 1 hour. Tried call the number (0800 953 9500) I still couldnt find any staff helping.

Is there anyway I can quickly activating my hub 3.0 after moving ?

thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Leave it connected it can take an hour or more to activate - albeit your text failed for some reason - try that again

also keep trying that 0800 number - its the best way. can take up to an hour to get through at peak times.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Finally the issue was fixed. but I want to share my case as it was very frustrating.

I called the Moving team a few times, they said the moving is completed and activation is done, they could see my transfer request and they've done the activation manually. However the hub was still showing "Access Denied" then the Moving team directed me to the Technical team.

I called the tech team. They said they cant do a troubleshoot as they could connect to my hub. They then transferred me back to Moving team. Moving team again was unable to fix my issue, then sending me to another team seems like it was CS team. CS team when heard the term Moving then transferred me back to Moving team without any hesitation. During the calls I was like a ball being kicked around different teams. CS to tech, Tech to Moving, Moving back to Tech.

I tried to request sending an engineer to come and check where the problem is, but no staff was able to arrange , also I tried to make a complaint, also no staff have ever tried to answer how I can make a complaint.

After all these I called the Moving team asking for my new account number. then I call the tech team again and tell them my new account number. I realized Tech team was not able to know my new account number unless I tell them. Then that nice tech staff told me, after some checking, that the hub was activated manually but wrongly on my old account. He helped me to take the equipment details from the old account and activated on my new account, then eventually everything is up and running.

I can say the whole moving process is kind of crap. The experience was frustrating.  

• When the "Moving" request was made, the Moving team concerned only the GBP20 charge. I asked if I can know any additional information but I was told those will be sent in due course. OK I waited.
  • Right before moving, when the service was stopped at old home, then there is no way for customer to know the new account number (Which is useful when calling 08009539500 in case you need help. As old account was stopped, I cant use that number).
  • I can receive the Text from 86002 but I couldnt reply a "Go" Text to activate the service on my new account. Some other members also experiencing the same.
  • I tried to work with Moving team but the staff manually activated it wrongly on my old account number. Supposed the staff is from Moving team so the context of work should be on cases of Moving, thats why the team is called Moving team, and I assumed the staff should check both old account number, new account number and activate correctly, thats why we need the moving service, charging GBP20. However, clearly it is not happening Whats the point of charging GBP20 if the staff doesnt even check which one is the old account and which one is the new ?
  • Not to mentioned the delink between departments, being kicked around the teams the time spent on waitiong for response (and when you walk away and missed a dialog for like 10 mins you have to wait again.) and also answering security question every time.

Maybe it is just me experienced the above nightmare, but if any other also facing the same then I think the procedures should be reviewed. 

Hi kalechiu, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although I am sorry to hear you've had some issues recently while moving home. 

I'm glad things have been sorted for you already but please rest assured we always take on board the feedback given in the posts we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams. 

If you have any further issues, please come back to us in the Community. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs