cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a Hub 4, power supply cable doesn't fit

Cheule
Up to speed

Hi all, as topic, I've just upgraded to Gig1 from the old M350. As a result, I've got the Hub 4.

Unfortunately, my excitement has turned to dust when I couldn't even plug in the new power supply to the Hub 4! It just will not fit and the port on the hub appears larger than the receptacle on the power supply side of things.

Help!

Virgin 1gbit - Superhub 4 modem mode --> RT-AC3200
19 REPLIES 19

Hi MikeRobbo,

I've watched a couple of unboxing vids now where what they have doesn't match what I've got. Also, due to me not being able to show both plugs perfectly aligned, the one on the right appears much bigger however the ring diameter on both is almost the same. (I have a digital calliper).

I will of course look into the blu-tak thing, didn't notice that tbh, although when I got my Hub nothing was shrink wrapped like in the unboxing videos so I think I've got someone else's second hand crap. Cheers VM.

Also, take a look at this weirdness they've done to my account! (Sorry about picture quality)contract.jpg

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

@Cheule wrote:

Did you get this problem sorted ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Not yet, still got the Hub 4 in a box upstairs, unable to use it.

I took a look at the blu-tak thing, it's actually silver, and the retaining clip for the plug. Nothing sinister.

daw
Joining in

Same! My Hub 4 arrived and the plug doesn't fit, what a joke.

Yours looks a lot like the one we had for the Hub 3, which doesn't fit the new one either. The one we got _looks_ like it should fit, but it doesn't.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @daw 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the connection for the hub 4. 

As a few days have passed since your post, are you able to let me know if you have managed to speak with the technical support team regarding this if not then I would be more than happy to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi @Zak_M,

I managed to file complaint reference C-1003213108 (the website makes it pretty hard to contact anybody about broadband, and tries to just diagnose it by the lights -- there aren't any!) but haven't heard back yet. The Hub 4 is back in its box for now, along with the power adaptor that doesn't fit.

I almost had a heart attack when I woke up this morning and the internet was down, I was worried our Hub 3 had been de-provisioned or something, but rebooting fixed it.

Cheers

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me @daw 

Just to confirm it is the power supply that won't fit?  I can arrange to get another one sent out from here if it is. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yep, the power supply doesn't fit the new Hub. That'd be great, thanks!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will pop you over a PM so that I can find some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M