cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Hub 4 compatible with Virgin connect?

Djmarkhill
Joining in

Hi, I've been searching the forums for help as I can't get my newly installed hub 4 to connect to the virgin connect app. I've read on here that it wasn't compatible last year. Has this been resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The official route is the Connect app.  It should allow you to identify any blackspots and order one Pod in the first instance.  However, sometimes it can be a bit flakey and you need to persist with it.

Note the Pods are only free to top tiers and VOLT customers, everyone else is £8 pm rental.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max - Wifi Pod information

If you can't get it to work, wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Client62
Legend

It takes time for the VM back end systems to catch up with an installation / change of Hub.

If you have had a change of Hub it can be best to delete all the VM Connect data and re-install it on your mobile.

But getting VM Connect to start working is just a waiting game.

For the moment manage the Hub through the menus at http://192.168.0.1

Thank you, yeah it was installed on Wednesday l, I was hoping to check coverage as I'm not getting the best signal in 2 rooms so I was advised that I might be able to get a couple of virgin extenders via the app?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The official route is the Connect app.  It should allow you to identify any blackspots and order one Pod in the first instance.  However, sometimes it can be a bit flakey and you need to persist with it.

Note the Pods are only free to top tiers and VOLT customers, everyone else is £8 pm rental.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max - Wifi Pod information

If you can't get it to work, wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I will be a volt customer once they've aligned my O2 and virgin contracts. Hopefully they'll pick this up thanks again 👍

Hi Djmarkhill,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues setting up the connect app and arranging a WiFi pod.

Just wanted to check if you've been able to get the app up and running?

Let me know if you still need help.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex 

No I'm afraid not,  I've tried everything but the app says it cannot find the hub

Hi @Djmarkhill,

I'm so sorry to hear that this issue with the Connect App is ongoing. Can you clarify what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, I've restarted the router many times so far and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app few times too. 

Restarting the VM Hub does not help. 

The VM Connect app is not working either because of a VPN on your phone or the VM backend systems are not working.