cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delay unacceptable

stuandkt
Joining in

I was due my Virgin Media Installation on Friday 4th Feb. Engineer arrived to find the cable still in the street. He said he's have to report it and I should expect a call.

No call

I chase that evening and am told there will be an engineer to the property on Saturday

By 1600 Saturday I call again to find there is no appointment booked.

Sunday I get a text to expect an engineer Monday, get a call Monday from the cable pull team and they dig up the drive and run a cable.

I then recive a test to tell me some work needs to be done and that will be booked in for the 25th February.

I get home to find the white box attached to my house with a cable attached, I call the Pre Pull number and he tells me works were successful and I just need an installation engineer

It then took me 4 calls to Customer service and the Pre-Installation team before they could be convinced the work was done. Even then, Customer service said it was done and the Pre-Installation team said it wasn't.

I am then told the earliest appointment is next week. I am without internet, phone and TV and I just need an engineer to come and connect me so I can return to my normal life. 

My father is terminally ill and my children can no longer do their daily zoom call.

I wish I had seen this forum before I chose to sign up to Virgin, I wouldn't have tried.

I have been promised calls from reigonal managers that never materialise, does anyone have contact details of anyone further up than Customer service and the Pre-Installation teams?

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

flagged to VM staff - dont know that they will be able to do much but can only ask

Tony.
Sacked VIP

kingal123
Tuning in

Sorry to hear this - I have had exactly the same issue with a pre-pull no show on Friday. VM support has been awful thus far.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stuandkt

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, I cannot make any promises but I will drop you a private message now to check on this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs