cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - Registration failure

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Hi, Almost to the day of my 18 month contract on the 1Gb service, my connection has gone down. 

Your Hub 4 status

Wireless(On (2.4 and 5 GHz))
Internet(Registration failure)
Telephony(Disabled)

I have reset it, checked all connections and all seems fine on that front. TV works fine. All up to date with regards to bills. Doesn't seem to be any issues in my area with regards to internet. The earliest an engineer can come out is Monday. This happened last night. It means 5 or so days without connection when we both work for the NHS WFH, it's not ideal. I also have an interview today so lord knows how that is going to pan out.

When I use the network diagnostic, I get the following in red:

Checking Broadband Service

These are the network logs:

Time Priority Description
Thu 01/01/1970 00:20:55 3 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:21:57 3 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:22:21 4 Missing Mandatory MDD TLV on primary DS Channel;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:22:38 3 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:23:11 5 Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:23:12 3 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:23:47 3 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:24:14 3 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:25:09 3 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:25:34 3 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:26:31 3 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu 01/01/1970 00:26:55 3 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Router Status

Cable Modem Status - Offline -DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel- Locked - SC-QAM

General config

Network access - true
Maximum Number of CPEs - 1
Baseline Privacy - false
DOCSIS Mode - 3.1

Does it sound like the router has died a death? As I said, checked all connections, reset it, all paid up fully, TV works... so I can only presume it is the router

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

will flag the thread - dont know much about TV connection but is that not via the hub if so something seems odd that thats ok but BB is not

try another reset - hold the button a good 30sec and then some - that should set everything to default so any password changes will be lost so wifi may need setting up

try a wired connection and if you can

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

what colour is the ring light

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rock Geek, 

Sorry to hear of your service issues! I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so I can look into this further for you. 

You will be able to see the PM in your inbox in the top right corner of the page. 

I will return to the public thread to update it as soon as possible. Thank you to @-tony- for flagging this to us. 

All the best. 

Molly

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Thank you.

The TV cable comes in from the outside along with the broadband so just figured if the connection/wire was damaged for one it would be for both

Can't do ethernet unfortunately as no device has that - I mean no laptop/tablet etc

Did the whole reset for 20s, 30s, 40s etc

The light just goes to white, fades out and fades back into white again on loop. The online diagnostic through the site said something about it not being powered on or words to that effect,

Router Status

3.0 Downstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

25331000000-18.50000030.646576QAM25625

3.0 Downstream channels

Channel Lock Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

25Locked30.6465763300730

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1 00 

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
false
DOCSIS Mode
unknown
Config file

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID

Max Traffic Rate

Max Traffic Burst

Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID

Max Traffic Rate

Max Traffic Burst

Min Traffic Rate

Max Concatenated Burst

Scheduling Type

Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS unknown
Primary downstream channel
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

something badly wrong with the connection to the hub with the figures posted - hopefully VM can get it sorted quickly

Tony.
Sacked VIP

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Thank you - I've just reset it again, checked all connections and still the same.

Just keeps fading in and out of the white light - very much like me at the moment!

rockgeek
On our wavelength

Now got this:

@rockgeek wrote:

Thank you - I've just reset it again, checked all connections and still the same.

Just keeps fading in and out of the white light - very much like me at the moment!