cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Registration Failure

MS82
Tuning in

No broadband connection. Suddenly getting ‘registration failure’ on hub 4 status page. 
The error will cycle between DS scanning, no rf signal detected, requesting cm IP address, and registration failure. Been like this since 3:30am, it’s now 11:10. 

I’ve done a full hub reset several times and checked cables. Phone support aren’t able to help. 

What do you do in this instance?

12 REPLIES 12

sophist
Trouble shooter

have you tried calling hte service status line to see if there’s an ongoing issue in your area?

0800 561 0061

Thank you for your prompt reply. I wasn’t aware of that number. Let me try that - I’ll post back with the outcome. 

It says there are no issues in my area…

sophist
Trouble shooter

you might need to call it in then - assuming that it’s not a new hub that needs to be activated..

you could also check that all connections (into the hub, at the brown box on hte outside of your house etc..) are “finger tight” - but if it was working up until 3am and has since stopped this feels unlikely.. you could also try doing a factory reset of hte hub (depress the reset button for a full 60 seconds, don’t power teh hub off, just wait for it to recover… make sure that the defaul passwords etc. are all visible before you do this). 

I joined VM last week. Originally received a hub 3 (incorrectly) which they resolved within 2 days and sent me a hub 4. That didn’t work out of the box - I had to call to get that activated, but they were able to do that over the phone eventually. 
Been fine up until this morning when I was working and suddenly lost internet connection. Checked hub status page and it was showing the errors listed above. Resetting the hub using your method too unfortunately still has not made any difference. 

As you say, since everything has been working fine and nothing has been touched, there should be no reason the physical connections should be at fault, but I have checked them again. 

Just got off the phone to VM yet again. Luckily managed to get through to someone who doesn’t just keep asking me to reboot the hub. He’s booked an engineer visit for 48 hours. I work remotely as a senior IT engineer for health care (I’ll now have to struggle tethering off mobile for 48 hours), so know my way around this stuff. Since joining VM last week, have spent over 6 hours on the phone just trying to sort out issues. Phone support is so shockingly bad. 

Thanks so much for your help though - much appreciated. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @MS82,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent posts. I'm so sorry to hear of the issue you've been having with your new equipment. 

I'm glad you've been able to speak with a member of our faults team who have booked a visit in for you to get this resolved. I am sorry for the delay with this - I have been able to locate your account using your forums details and have taken a quick look, this is the earliest appointment available.

Hopefully our engineer will have you up and running ASAP - please keep us posted following the appointment and let us know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Z92
Trouble shooter

This is why some of us who work from home have multiple ISPs into the house - it may cost you another £30 per month, but that's only £1 per day and less than the cost of what you'll lose if you can't do your job.

It's also perfect for when the kids are at home - you can throw them on the other connection and keep the better one for yourself (when it works, but it's normally quite easy to just swap connections when it goes down)

@Molly_G

Hi Molly,

Thanks so much for looking into the matter - really do appreciate it. Will keep you posted following the engineer visit on Wednesday. 

Have to say, community support on here from the likes of yourself and the others who have tried helping me out is fantastic! Thank you all.

@Z92

I hear you but been with Sky for years and never had as much stress as this - their call handlers normally take ownership and if passed to another department, the wait is very short. I gave up twice this morning after being on hold for 44 minutes and 50 minutes.

Don't have any kids so that's not a concern, just need something reliable. Came to VM for the faster download and upload speeds due to the large amounts of data I work with.