cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to Gmail are bouncing because Virgin is using Ziggo

gobblebox
Tuning in

We are getting a bounce back on emails to gmail addresses due to a lack of SPF or DKIM on the IP address

This is not my external IP address but belongs to Ziggo in the NL.

Anyone esle affected?

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have two Gmail addresses & they are working fine. I also have an NTL World email that is showing no issues.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is a security/anti spam issue with gmail to ensure that emails have come from a reliable source. You'll need to get the company hosting your domain to add the necessary data to your DNS record.  I had to do this with mine. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know this is an old thread but I wondered if you ever did get it resolved.

Just so you appreciate the following.

1. Virgin Media has been using Ziggo to provide email since 2016 - when Google closed down the Google Apps for ISP service
  2. SPF and DKIM are provided are set up in the DNS and mail servers of a sending domain.  If you are sending using a Virgin Media email address VM do use SPF DKIM and DMARC for their domains, but if you are sending using your own domain you have to set up SPF in your own domains DNS - DKIM would need you to control the outbound mail servers, although it's possible to send mail out through hmailserver or another mail server (with that signing your mails) and relaying the outbound mail via Virgin Media's mail server.

If you are using your own domain have a look here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

~I am getting this issue - my host company has added SPF DKIM  but its makingno difference whenever I try to send an email from my domain to a gmail address it gets bounced

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to update the thread, Gaz's SPF record wad not set up correctly, so in effect he doesn't have one.  That's what's causing his problem.  instead of starting v=spf1, it started \099v=spf1 He's also sending via Virgin Media's servers so there's no option for him to sign emails with DKIM without modifying his outbound setup.

Tim

Tim