cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

lintin62
Joining in

Hi, I’m unable to set-up my broadband - the guide instructs you to connect as below:

D8B95746-3DC1-43A1-B362-62B6376DBC87.png

 but I don’t have a socket like that. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Locate your exterior brown/grey omnibox on the outside wall of you property and trace where the cable out of it enters your property - usually through a hoe drilled through an exterior road. Waht is on the inside of that hole? A bare cable perhaps? Something buried by re-decoration operhaps ?

In any case... call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and book a Tech install to sort it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lintin62, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting to let us know about your difficulties getting installed. 

If you are missing the socket needed then we will need to change your installation appointment to one with an engineer. 

If you have not already been in touch to do so, I will send you a PM to offer support with this. You will find it in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

For anyone finding this thread for the first time, please be aware we are limited with Pre-install support issues. We have a dedicated pre-install support team who can help with these. You can get in touch with them by:

Calling us on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline

Texting us on +44753 305 1809 Or Via WhatsApp on +447305 327 112 where you will be re-routed to a member of the team as soon as one is available! 

I will return to this public thread with a further update where possible. 

All the best! 

Molly