cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 months of pre pull delays

dommckg
Joining in

Just found this thread and we're in the exact same situation. Had constant reschedules since end of July, and a whole catalogue of problems even getting this far:

• We had an engineer turn up once to do the indoor work before realising the outdoor work hadn't actually been done yet
  • We had an outdoor work team turn up, and then fail to find the T box and give up and drive off after 5 minutes
  • We had a site auditor (contractor) come out and say the T box was easy to find
  • Lots of promised dates that then slip to "definitely today" to "oh actually in 2-3 weeks" - still using a mobile wifi box for work which is really sub-par

Latest promise is 15th Dec outdoor, 22nd Dec indoor. Given assurances that it will happen this time, but faith wears thin after 4.5 months! Similarly been promised calls back a multitude of times, none of which ever happen - why do they do this? We're ostensibly down as a "priority installation" but if this priority I'd be very concerned for a low priority customer!

One of the Virgin forum team could you help me understand what's happening please? We apparently had it escalated to an area manager on Monday, but never actually got a straight answer as to what if anything came back - i.e. cause of all the delays, if the work will genuinely happen, council approvals if needed etc. Happy to pick up via DM or whatever's easiest.

5 REPLIES 5

jojoa296k
Tuning in

Ye it's been since 16/09/21 for me. 

Personally I just think the preinstall team haven't been trained properly, especially if there are complications. 

Also the culture of the company is odd, I called the pre install team who put me through to the construction team, who told me to tell the pre install team that they had to raise a form.

It's hilarious how they actually asked me to contact an internal team, lol. 

In turn the preinstall team don't know what the form is. Absolutely mental.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dommckg

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dommckg

I've emailed your area field manager to see what insight he can provide in this, as soon as I receive a response I will let you know.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Thanks, appreciate your help - though from previous experience it's not been especially easy getting actual responses from area field managers or area sales managers. Good luck in any case, hopefully hear back soon - ideally more than "yeah it'll happen tomorrow" unless that is 100% certain.

Thanks

Hi @dommckg

Thank you for your post, I can see you are PM'ing with @Rob_p. If you could please keep to one thread so we can best help. Hopefully we get this sorted for you ASAP! 

All the best, 

Molly