cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months on and still no router/internet

charleslebrun
Tuning in

Hello!

Having originally signed up to Virgin Media mid-May, I am still without internet to this day. 

First of all there was a delay with the registration of my account. Then, off the back of this and having agreed a date of delivery for my router, Yodel suffered a cyber incident and everything was put on hold. 

Following the reinstatement of Yodel's tracking service, I was told to contact Virgin Media as they were the ones that needed to contact Yodel to kick-start the delivery process again. However, as I had forgotten my security password they wouldn't speak to me (despite quoting the exact amount they were meant to be billing - which apparently was wrong?!). As a compromise I was told that I would be sent a password reminder in the post. That was 10 days ago!

Is there anyone out here that can please complete the delivery of my router to the address registered to my account (as I believe it has been shipped)? Doubtful, but who knows!

Any help would be much appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you get compensated for any delays in connection.  Even if you cancel that first installation, VM are liable under Ofcom rules to pay £5.25 per day from the original installation date when you agreed to join, and that's still payable even if you cancel.  Faulty systems, poor processes and incompetent subcontractors are not a valid excuse.  At presumably around six weeks, that's over £200.  

Some customers in similar circumstances have had to raise formal complaints with VM because the company refused to pay, and when the complaint was fobbed off they had to escalate to the industry adjudication scheme CISAS. That rarely goes well for the company.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello charleslebrun.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your installation, missing equipment and not being able to register your account online.
Looking at a few things from what you have advised, is to just cancel the current account.

I can arrange for a colleague in Sales to call and we start again.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to get some details.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the response. 

Looks as if the private message hasn't come through yet?

Cheers

Make sure you get compensated for any delays in connection.  Even if you cancel that first installation, VM are liable under Ofcom rules to pay £5.25 per day from the original installation date when you agreed to join, and that's still payable even if you cancel.  Faulty systems, poor processes and incompetent subcontractors are not a valid excuse.  At presumably around six weeks, that's over £200.  

Some customers in similar circumstances have had to raise formal complaints with VM because the company refused to pay, and when the complaint was fobbed off they had to escalate to the industry adjudication scheme CISAS. That rarely goes well for the company.

Thank you Andrew - that's very much appreciated!

I'll certainly be pursuing this further.